Cookin with Home Storage
Cookin with Home Storage written by Peggy Layton gives a first hand tutorial about how to cook with and utilize your home food storage. See below for more details.
Cookin with Home Storage written by Peggy Layton gives a first hand tutorial about how to cook with and utilize your home food storage.
A fascinating cookbook, written for those people who look at all the cans of food in their basement and say “what do I do with all this stuff”.
The book includes:
- A collection of over 550 favorite food storage recipes.
- Authentic pioneer recipes using very basic food storage.
- Dehydrated foods, how to reconstitute them and cook them.
- Fascinating historical tips on pioneer living.
- Home remedies that grandma used.
- Household cleaners.
- Survival tips.
- Hints and tips on really using your food storage and incorporating it into your everyday diet.
- How to put together a workable food storage program. What to store, and how much to store.
Peggy Layton holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Home Economics Education from Brigham Young University with a minor in Food Science and Nutrition. Peggy with her husband have 7 children and writes about food storage and production from a hands on point of view. She is well known for writing and speaking on bulk food preparation. She has written a series of books on food storage. Her first book “Cookin with Home Storage” has been in print since 1991.
All of the books have been well received and are being sold nationally.