MT-501 S.A.L.T. Method METTAG Emergency Triage Tag; Comes with string but is NOT pre-strung
$11.50 – $43.15
The MT-501 was developed by TACDA/METTAG in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic and Gold Cross Ambulance and follows the triaging system instructional guidelines suggested by the NHTSA (The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration.) The MT-501 integrates the S.A.L.T. algorithm which is Sort, Assess, Life-saving interventions, and Treatment/Transport in a simple and quick use format. See below for details.
Introducing our new MT-501 S.A.L.T. Method Medical Emergency Triage Tag! This tag is MUCC Compliant. This tag comes with string but is NOT pre-strung. Save money by stringing your own tags. (This price may not be combined with a coupon.)
(Tags may also be purchased pre-strung.)
The MT-501 was developed by TACDA/METTAG in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic and Gold Cross Ambulance and follows the triaging system instructional guidelines suggested by the NHTSA (The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration.) The MT-501 integrates the S.A.L.T. algorithm which is Sort, Assess, Life-saving interventions, and Treatment/Transport in a simple and quick use format.
- Sort – Sort the walking wounded, those calling or waving for help, and those that are not moving.
- Assess – Assess to find life-threatening injuries. Note findings with simple yes or no answers.
- Life-Saving Interventions – Give necessary interventions to save life. Apply tourniquets, open airways, give breaths, administer medications, within one minute of time. Tear off the perforated sections at the bottom of the tag indicating patient level of triage.
- Treatment/Transport – After assessing patients and giving life-saving interventions, transport patients according to urgency of need by noting color coded tear offs at the bottom of the tag which are dead, immediate, expectant, delayed and minimal.
The MT-501 Medical Emergency Triage Tag is constructed of a high-density damage resistant synthetic material, and is printed using a special thermal printing process, allowing use in the harshest and most demanding field situations. Additionally, each Medical Emergency Triage Tag is equipped with a 30-inch elastic band, which is used for attaching the tag to the victim’s body, usually around the neck or to an available limb. Used extensively by global and U.S. military units, state and local response agencies, fire and EMT personnel, hospitals, schools, event centers, and anywhere people gather in large numbers.
Some notable features are:
- Fire resistant
- Water proof
- Chemical resistant
- Tear proof (except on intended perforations)
- UV light and heat resistant
- Simple and effective tag for fast triaging in the field
- Unique barcodes for use of tracking and identifying victims and their belongings
- Proudly made in the USA
- Please call 800-425-5397 for a sample
*Please note: this MT-501 comes with string but is not pre-strung.
For more information see www.mettag.com
|Dimensions||4 × 8.25 × 1 in|
Pack of 10, Pack of 25, Pack of 50, Case of 20 packs
Thank you for your generous donation. Contributions like yours help TACDA continue to offer valuable resources to our community of members for free. Your contribution helps us achieve our mission: To educate, empower, and equip individuals and communities for emergency preparedness. When we work together we can accomplish great things.
All donations given to The American Civil Defense Association are tax deductible. Save your receipts!