MT-501i SALT Method Emergency Triage Training Tag
$7.83 – $28.93
Save money on your training exercises by using paper training tags instead of the more valuable synthetic tags! For more information, see below.
Save money on your training exercises by using paper training tags instead of the more valuable synthetic tags!
The MT-501i SALT Method Emergency Triage Training Tag
- Half the price of the MT-501 triage tag
- Printed on recyclable card stock
- For CERT and training exercises only
- Comes pre-strung with 30″ stretch nylon string to attach to victim
- Please note: Bar codes are non functional on the training tags
The MT-501i was developed by TACDA/METTAG in conjunction with The Mayo Clinic and Gold Cross Ambulance, and follows the triaging system instructional guidelines suggested by the NHTSA (The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration.) The MT-501i integrates the S.A.L.T. algorithm which is Sort, Assess, Life-saving interventions, and Treatment/Transport in a simple and quick use format.
- Sort – Sort the walking wounded, those calling or waving for help, and those that are not moving.
- Assess – Assess to find life-threatening injuries. Note findings with simple yes or no answers.
- Life-Saving Interventions – Give necessary interventions to save life. Apply tourniquets, open airways, give breaths, administer medications, within one minute of time. Tear off the perforated sections at the bottom of the tag indicating patient level of triage.
- Treatment/Transport – After assessing patients and giving life-saving interventions, transport patients according to urgency of need by noting color coded tear offs at the bottom of the tag which are dead, immediate, expectant, delayed and minimal.
The Instructional METTAG MT-501i provides first responders and rescue personnel with the standard triaging features needed for frequent trainings on a prompt and accurate assessment of a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) victim’s injuries and to easily record the data.
In the event of a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI), where multiple victims are injured and require varying degrees of medical attention, it is absolutely imperative that first responders have a quick, easy, and reliable method of assessing victims and assigning them with an appropriate triage or priority status, based on the severity of their injuries.
Please note: Bar codes are non-functioning on the training tags.
TACDA is a non-profit organization funded primarily by the sales of METTAG triage tags.
|Dimensions||8.25 × 4 × 0.5 in|
Pack of 50, Pack of 25, Pack of 10